Stress is something very common and vivid in our daily life. Each and everyone of us are stressed by something -- family / work / finances / problems in making a life changing decision etc.
"The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) of the TUC sum it up as 'the reaction people have to excessive demands or pressures, arising when people try to cope with tasks, responsibilities or other types of pressure connected with their jobs, but find difficulty; strain or worry in doing so.'" - I-resign
"Occupational stress can occur when there is a discrepancy between the demands of the environment/workplace and an individual’s ability to carry out and complete these demands." - Wikipedia
I believe that some stress is actually good for us, it would motivate us and make us stronger mentally and emotionally. However, all of us need to learn how to cope with stress.
So here are some tips on how to cope with stress :
You need to strike a balance between work and life. By attaining balance, you can reduce stress and restore harmony to your life. You have to ensure you health is well taken care of so you have the strength to work; make sure you include some hobbies into your time table; spend sufficient time with your family and build up strong family ties; and spend time building your inner health -- spiritual health.
Spend time doing crafts with your kids or alone if you are very artistic because this helps you to destress and when you look at the item you created at the end of the crafting session, you'll feel immense joy!! =)))
So this is what I did during my free time :
Embellished Hello Kitty Mirror Iphone cover for sale!!!
Selling for SGD$58 with normal postage.
Suitable for Iphone 4 / 4s.
Taken with a Casio Exilim Ex Zr-20
Taken with a Casio Exilim Ex Zr-20
Go on SHORT STAYCATIONS
Take a mini trip to a nearby country like Bali / Bintan / Tioman etc for a 3 day 2 night short staycation. Or if you are on a budget / under time constrait, take a 2 day 1 night stay right here in singapore!!!!
Villa at Bali
Taken with a Sony alpha 57
Here are some local hotels I recommend :
- K'ranji Farm Resort - about SGD$150 per night but the service sucks balls although the environment is very rustic and you get your own private parking space.
- Quincy Hotel - about SGD$300 per night, good if you want a city view.
- Oasia Hotel - about SGD$280 per night, nice swimming pool.
- Amara Sanctuary Resort - about SGD $350 per night, located in sentosa so you can take a morning or evening walk at Palawan beach!!!!
- York Hotel - about SGD$200 per night, convenient as it is located at Orchard Road.
- The sentosa resort and spa - about SGD$345 - 530 per night , Love this place!!!!!!!!! We checked in and I totally felt like I was in another country!!!!!! Perfect if you want to recreate your honeymoon without travelling out of Singapore. =)
- The Sultan - about SGD$215 per night, LOVE THE ROOFTOP BAR!!!! The restuarant -- Pasha located downstairs serves the BEST MOROCCAN food I have tasted in Singapore!!!
- The Scarlet Hotel - about SGD$230 per night, love the decor. This hotel has a very sexy feel to it!
Go on a detox programme and make sure you exercise the stress away!!!!!
Join a fitness class of your choice and make sure you attend your classes regularly. Everytime I attend my pilates class / Ganban-yoku classes , I would make sure I chant : "I can sweat away all my fats but I cannot sweat the small stuff."
During my fitness classes, I try to remind myself that some things are not worth fretting over and there are some things that I cannot change no matter how hard I try. After each class, I feel refreshed and renewed and my attitude towards my stress would take on a more positive stance.
Spend more time with optimistic people.
Avoid negative people who can only criticise you as they would only pull you down to their level. Learn to talk your stress out with happy cheerful people. Okok I might be dramatising this but words of encouragement is like the sun rays beaming upon your face or a bright light while you are stuck in a tunnel!!!
I am the hubby's 开心果 because I laugh very easily. lolololol.... =))))
Photo taken by Blink Photography
Tip #5When you feel overwhelmed, learn to take deep breaths and remind yourself to 'Relax'!
When someone is 'in your face' or when your boss throws more work on your table when your table is already full, learn to TAKE DEEP BREATHS THROUGH YOUR NOSE!!!!!!! Scientifically speaking, it is impossible to get tensed up or stressed when you breathe deeply through your nose. Your body finds it impossible to get worked up because you can't maintain the same level of energy without that extra oxygen you get when you breathe through your mouth.
By reminding yourself to relax, you are brainwashing your body to calm down.
I hope these tips would help you guys cope with stress. Remember that stress makes you age faster!!!!!! SO, EVERYONE REMEMBER TO CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!!!!!
Till the next post~~~