My son loves pizza!!! I try to give him a very clean and healthy
diet, consisting mainly of organic food like quinoa, rolled oats,
flaxseed, chia seeds, fresh vegetables and fruits. And just because he
loves pizza, I researched and ended up making up this recipe for this
healthy pizza crust so that Raedon can enjoy every bite without me
This recipe is soooooooo tasty, even a fussy eater like Raedon ate more than 1/2 of this pizza. Its super easy to make and so healthy too! This healthy pizza crust consists of easily available ingredients and you can make this in minutes.
RECIPE FOR HEALTHY QUINOA PIZZA CRUST :
For the crust:
100 g quinoa, Soak overnight with water.
80g organic rolled oats
1 teaspoon flaxseed (optional)
1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
2 tablespoons almond milk
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
3 tablespoons of homemade pizza sauce
70g of pizza cheese ( I just bought an organic one in the European supermarket that we frequent.)
Handful of fresh herbs
( OR you can use whatever toppings you like)
1) Soak the quinoa in water overnight.
2) Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Use some oil on the base of the cake pan. Line the 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
3) Rinse the quinoa, add it to a blender. Add the rolled oats, flax seed, chia seeds, almond milk, baking powder, salt and coconut oil to the blender. Blend until it is thoroughly mixed and resembles a pancake batter.
4) Pour the mixture to the cake pan and bake for 12 minutes. Flip and bake for another 12 minutes.
5) While the healthy quinoa pizza crust is baking, prepare the toppings. Heat up the coconut oil and stir fry the broccoli with mushrooms. Add in the fresh herbs. Set aside.
**** I doubled the recipe for the pizza crust and made another pizza variation for my husband's dinner. I stir fried mushrooms, fresh herbs and zucchini then added cherry tomatoes for his pizza.
6) Top the pizza with homemade pizza sauce. OR you can use any store bought pizza sauce. I made my own pizza sauce simply by boiling 10 cherry tomatoes and added dried mixed herbs.
7) Add the broccoli, mushrooms and pizza cheese to the pizza crust. ( You can use any toppings you like.) Bake for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted. I did not wait for the cheese to brown because I did not want my son to eat the browned cheese. But you can adjust the baking time according to your preference.
8) Serve immediately.
*** You can add grated Parmesan cheese / dried herbs / chilli flakes if you like.
Quinoa was known as the gold of Incas because they believed that by consuming Quinoa the stamina of the Incas' warrior is increased. Quinoa is also known as the “Supergrain of the Future.”
Here are some benefits of Quinoa :
Quinoa is a complete protein that contains nine essential amino acids.
Quinoa contains twice as much fiber as other grains.
Quinoa contains Iron.
Quinoa contains lysine. Lysine is vital for tissue growth and repair.
Quinoa contains magnesium.
Quinoa is rich in Riboflavin (B2). B2 is essential to help create energy production in brain and muscle cells.
Quinoa is high in manganese.
Benefits of organic rolled oats :
Rolled Oats promotes a healthy heart, helps in diabetic control, reduces hypertension, prevents cancer and increases immunity. Rolled Oats also is high in fiber and therefore helps treat and prevent constipation.
My recipe is modified from http://www.simplyquinoa.com/ultimate-quinoa-pizza-crust/
I prefer to use quinoa with oats as my son loves oats more than quinoa. This combination gives the batter a perfect texture and is soooo tasty! I am a big fan of organic coconut oil, I only use this when I am cooking for Raedon. I hope you try this for your family and especially for your kids!
Organic Quinoa and organic chia seeds are available at :